Thursday, May 29, 2014

Dinner Time Dilemma

Do you ever feel like you can't get things done?  I know you mammas with little kids do!  I was there once upon a time.  You felt like everything you were doing was being undone right behind you!

Well, I've been out of that stage for a while but I still struggle to get things done in a day.  I'd like to start my day by reading God's Word.  Thankfully this has become a great habit and I rarely struggle with getting this done.  I'd also like to get some form of exercise done in the day, whether it be walking or hooping, just something to get moving!  My job is very stationary now so I need that extra push to get up and move!  I've been so-so about accomplishing this.  The only time I have to do this is in the evening.  Our apartment doesn't have laundry in the apartment so we go downstairs to a community laundry room.  On the days that I do laundry, I can get a good walk in either outside or on the treadmill, while I wait for the laundry to finish.

The thing I struggle with the most, I really always have, is making dinner!  I absolutely hate going to the grocery store.  I hate the whole process.  The making the lists, then shopping, then lugging it all to the car, then lugging it all inside, then putting it all away.  Yuck. And I'm really not too fond of cooking either! :o

I can't get inspired to menu-plan for the week.  Then when I get home from work, I'd rather just eat a bowl of cereal or go out somewhere.

Dinner time is the time of day I'm the least hungry.  My family has never been very scheduled so we've never been in a good habit of sitting down together.  Kids are all grown now and it's just me and Larry, so I don't see the point.  No motivation.

I like to eat healthy, so I know it would be better for us to plan our meals at home.  I've looked at all the web sites that you can put in ingredients and it spits out shopping lists for you.  But it just seems like so much work!

My family doesn't complain about it at all.  They've been great scavengers!  I don't know how you mommas do it that have big households!

Well, no resolutions here.  Just something I've always struggled with.  Anyone else?  If you have any thoughts, comment below!  I'd love to hear how you all handle the dinner dilemma.

No comments: