Thursday, May 1, 2014

Summer is upon us!




Summer is coming up quick!  That means weekend trips and summer vacations!  I absolutely love to travel! Even if it's just a weekend trip to a new place I haven't been. I love seeing new sights and exploring new places.

Probably the hardest part about traveling, whether you are going for a week or a few days, is packing!

I used to be an over packer!  I thought, "Well, just throw it in just in case"   But since checking bags at the airport has gotten quite expensive...I've become a "carry on only" kinda packer.  Even if you aren't traveling by plane but enjoying a road trip..there are several things to do to take less stuff.

Things I've learned about packing:

Space bags are amazing!   You can buy those ones that you can roll the air out of and they work great!

I usually pull everything out that I think I want to take and then go through everything at least a few days before leaving.  I usually end up putting half of it back!

Try to coordinate your outfits to one or two color palettes.  Take more tops than bottoms.  And the hardest part....shoes!   Try to limit to 2-3 pairs.  If you will wear it only once then don't take it!  Mix and match! Scarves are a great accessory to take.  They are light and versatile and can make a plain outfit look completely different.

Now traveling with kids is a whole other thing!  But the same things can still apply.  Coordinate outfits, take more tops than bottoms.  If you need something buy it there instead. A few favorite toys and books and you should be good to go.

I've been overseas a few times now and I've gotten down to taking only one backpack and one small carry on!  It's so much easier to travel with less stuff!


My favorite go tos for ideas and inspiration:  




Well happy travels!  Take lots of pictures and journal too!  

No comments: