Friday, May 23, 2014

Hoop Story

Here's another hoop story.....



We were camping a few weekends ago and I took my hoop (of course!).  As we were enjoying the outdoors I was hooping away.  A couple of kids came over and wanted to try!  I love the looks on people's (and kid's) eyes when they see a **gasp** grown-up hula hooping!  Kids are amazed and want to try.  Adults are usually either really happy or really grouchy.  They really outta try hooping!

Anyway..  I was teaching one of the girls some basic tricks.  And she was loving it!  We had a great time and said our goodbyes and went on our merry way.  That evening there was live music at our camping resort! Whoo hoo!  Hoop time! As I enjoyed the dancing and the music, my little friend from that morning came up to me!  We were camping at the same place!  So of course we hooped together.  I only had one hoop with me so I let her use it while I danced around like I had an invisible hoop in my hand.  We had a wonderful time.  She was getting pretty good too!

Then she had a revelation,  she said to me "Oh, I get it!  You just do what the hoop wants to do!" Exactly! Out of the mouths of babes.

That's why I love hooping.  It gets me out of my comfort zone.  It gets me moving.  It gets me dancing.  It reminds me about love, happiness.  It draws people in.

Love the innocence a hoop brings.  And joy!  Lots of Joy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, let me JUST say this! I was hoping YOU would tell this story...that's why I didn't!!!! I love this and will be SHARING!!!!! So blessed to know you and that we connected through hooping! Teaching you is a JOY!