Friday, April 11, 2014

New Chapters

I went to the park for lunch today.  The only table that was in the sun was next to the playground.  I ate my lunch and sat there watching the mamas and daddies and all the little punkin' heads running around.  On the one hand, it seems like just a few moments ago that I was one of those mamas chasing around three little ones.  Pushing them on the swings, sliding down the slides with them, toting them around in the strollers.  On the other hand, it seems like ages and ages ago.

My youngest will turn 18 in a few months!  I have 3 young adults now.  My oldest is married!  What?  Time sure does fly when you're having fun.   I'm actually loving this stage right now.  I know it's only a few moments till grand kids come along (I can't wait!)  But for now, I'm really diggin' this time of life.

Stuff I love about having older kids:

  • They can take care of themselves (physically, sometimes they still need me emotionally)
  • They can have great conversations!  Sometimes they hold me to the fire!
  • I love to see them growing in their relationship to God and in their relationships to others.
  • They are a lot of fun!  They go camping, hiking, bike riding with us and it's tough to keep up with them! Plus, they put up the tents etc! Bonus!
  • My honey and I have lots of "date" times together now.
  • I love to see their lives spread out before them and choices they make and the paths they choose.
Probably the biggest regret I've had is that we didn't have more kids.  But I am thankful for what the Lord has blessed us with.  I'm thankful for the person that they've made me.  I'm glad for the lessons they've taught me.  I am super blessed to have an amazing family!


No comments: