Thursday, February 22, 2018

When it rains, it pours


My oh my! We are only 8 weeks into 2018 and already there's just been so much.  When it rains it pours, for sure. And it's literally been raining in the Dallas area for weeks now with no end in sight.

Maybe it's because I tend to be an Eeyore, but this year has just been a lot to handle thus far.
It started off with Larry and I both getting very sick.  It really put us under for almost a month!  In the midst of that my mom passed away.


Then I got a mysterious rash on my elbow that grew suddenly!  I had to go to urgent care for that one.



Oh, and there was a flat tire on the entrance ramp to the highway one morning on my way to work! Fun times for sure.

So then, Larry will probably have to have surgery on a torn muscle in his arm.  He hurt it last year and even through months of physical therapy and lots of tlc, it is still causing him a lot of pain.

And then we almost lost Larry's mom.  She was (and still is) pretty sick, was hospitalized and is now in need of getting some full time care.





We are navigating these new waters as we look at our options and see what's available.
Meanwhile, family members are all pitching in and helping take care of this Godly woman who has poured her life into so many people.
It's new territory.
It's a lot to take in.
Praying that the Lord will guide us with each new step.
And I pray that this year gets a lot lighter.
Maybe I should learn to dance in the rain.


No comments: